Wednesday 27 January 2010

Choreography

A lot of people say that the artistry has gone from our sport especially on floor, I tend to agree and love to watch the choreography from the soviet gymnasts and other nations from the 1970s and 80s. Although I think that these gymnasts didn't have as much variety in tumbling as now with the over use of skills especially double backs and full ins I can still appreciate these routines more than what we see now. I wish that we could combine the choreography and presence of the soviets with the range of tumbling in womens floor that we see today.
After recently watching many old gymnastics floor routines I found that different versions of the same music was being used by some gymnasts today so I thought I would provide a comparison to see which you prefer. I'm not criticizing any gymnast I'm just saying that their choreographers could have done a better job!
Irina Baraksanova and Ivana Hong - Sweet and Tender Beast. Ivana's routine isn't bad but I just thought WOGA could have done something better for her, Im hoping for bettr this year!


Aurelia Dobre and Jordyn Wieber - the music is not exacty the same but its similar, I personally don't like Jordyn's choreography at all but what I do like is that she smiles and looks like she is actually having fun!


Silvia Mitova and Sam Shapiro - Blues for Klook. I love both gymnasts I just hope Sam gets healthy soon so she can show the world her style and form.


Ludmilla Tourishceva, Svetlana Lebedinskaya & Nastia Liukin - Dark Eyes, all use different versions but I think I prefer Nastia's but then I am a huge Nastia fan!



So which one do you all prefer?

1 comment:

  1. Tabitha Yim also uses Blue as Kook in 2004. i think her's is one of my favorite routines for taht music.

    ReplyDelete