Thursday 25 March 2010

Doha Videos Day 2

A few videos of the floor final are up on youtube. I really like Wu Liufangs floor routine, her choreography and performance really suprised me. She just needs to upgrade her tumbling but she has shown she can perform under pressure winning both the Beam (14.700) and Floor (13.975) finals.

Huang Qiushuang won the silver medal on floor (13.850) but fell apart on beam scoring only a 12.600. I think she is one of those gymnasts who cannot perfrom consistently under pressure as was the case last year at Nationals which I think is why she was left off the worlds team. I hope she improves or I think she won't be given a chance at bigger meets when the Chinese have other gymnast who have proven to perform under pressure. Her floor routine was nicely performed but lacked difficulty.

Goksu Uctas from Turkey won the bronze on floor (13.700) which was the first World cup medal for a Turkish woman. She actually had the highest difficulty on floor (5.4) with a tucked full in, double pike, double tuck and 1 1/2+front layout full. I'm happy to see different nations starting to come through in the International scene as it can only improve the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment