Wednesday 10 March 2010

English Championships Videos

Some of the routines are now available to watch here on BGtv. After watching all the routines of the senior girls I've got to say I'm not impressed at all. The only gymnast who showed any routines that are going to be competitve at Europeans was Beth who I have already talked about in my earlier post. I know it is still earlier in the season but still accounting for that I was disappointed especially with a lot of the gymnasts attitudes and focus. Becky Downie for example who was obviously not in shape which is fine but she fell on her beam mount which was a straddle press to handstand! Nicole Hibbert performed a good bars routine until her double front dismount where she fell and got up and was smiling and laughing like it didn't matter and I think that sort of thing is why Great Britain is that successful as a whole in gymnastics. Our gymnasts don't want to win enough and are not made to fight for their position on the National Team like they are in the US because of our lack of depth which has caused GB gymnasts to be lazy annd have bad attitudes.

Anyway moving on! The only other gymnast (apart from Beth) who I think has potential to be competitive at Worlds and Europeans if she hits is Jenny Pinches. Unfortunately this weekend she wasn't at her best but overall I think Amanda Kirby has done a good job with her. On floor she has upgraded and performed a whip connected to a double arabian and also had a full in as her 3rd pass and I know she is capable of more difficulty. She had also upgraded beam to add 2 flicks into a straight back which she had trouble with but she still scored 13.500 with a fall. What I liked most was her presentation and attitude and I wish her success at the Europeans.

Another few things to take note of were Danusia's beam routine which had nice presentation but just not the difficulty. Niamh Rippin seemed well prepared and had nice form throughout but again lacks difficulty and the same comment also to Jocelyn Hunt who has a lovely style.

1 comment:

  1. seeing as london is hosting the OLYMPICS in 2 years maybe ukgymnastics should move it national champions to an actual arena and not some kind of crammped hall!!

    ReplyDelete